Are you thinking about making a big change? You love your home, but are tired of cringing at your outdated bathroom. Or perhaps you've been dreaming of making over your barely-functional kitchen for years and are finally ready to take the plunge. If you have big dreams, Apartment Therapy wants to partner with you to help make those dreams happen with our Renovation Diary Program.
Here's how it works: you tell us about your plans to renovate, using the form below. If you are selected, Apartment Therapy will contribute financially towards your project budget — maybe enough for that dishwasher you've been longing for, or the encaustic tile of your dreams. As part of the partnership, you agree to update the Apartment Therapy community weekly on the progress of your remodel.
We're looking for your real-life, in-the-trenches experience — sourcing materials, working with contractors (or DIYing), and making last-minute decisions. Through your participation in the Renovation Diary Program, you can share your project with the Apartment Therapy community, as well as inspiring readers in their own projects.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be remodeling any single room in their house.
- Have already spoken with an architect or contractor to get an idea of the budget and the scope of the work.
- Have a start date for their project in mind.
What You Do:
We want to hear all about what you have in mind, want to see before pics, as well as your inspiration boards and project plans. Here are a few things you can do to make your project stand out:
- Submit high-quality 'before' photos (taken by you!), including at least three photos that show the entire space.
- Showcase your writing skills! Don't be afraid to show a little personality.
- We're interested in all different kinds of projects, but especially renovation projects in smaller spaces.
Submissions are open now! We'll be reviewing and selecting Renovation Diary project partners on a rolling basis and can't wait to start sharing YOUR projects, with the Apartment Therapy community cheering the brave, intrepid renovators on, every step of the way.
Questions? Email us.