Comfort height toilets, also referred to as chair height toilets, are just a wee bit taller than standard commodes. With a seat height of a little over 17 inches, this style of toilet is ADA compliant and ideal for older folks or anyone living with chronic joint pain.
Standard toilet seats are around 15 inches high. The extra two inches added to a comfort height toilet may not seem like much, but if you have hip, knee or back pain, they might make all the difference.
MORE TOILETS ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• The Toilet of Tomorrow? Caltech Thinks So
• A Toilet System That Fits Between 2x4 Walls
• The Best of Hi-Tech Smart Toilets From Dwell on Design
• The $6,400 Kohler Numi Bidet Toilet Does It All
• Best Dual-Flush Toilets: 10 Models from High to Low
(Images: As credited above.)