Hotels are one of our favorite sources of design inspiration, and their bathrooms are no different. Beyond the mini soaps and fluffy towels, there's real thought behind their function that can prove useful in your own bathroom renovation. Check out these hotel bathrooms from around the world, along with what you can learn from them for your own renovation at home.
1. Luxe never looks old. The bathrooms at the Greenwich Hotel have a very classic, upscale feel. Cool, calming white marble is paired with brass hardware for some warmth and glam. If this is your inspiration, spend where you can, because quality is always stylish.
2. Same color, different scales. A fully black-tiled bathroom sounds like a trip back to the 80s. The key at Hotel DeBrett in Auckland is mixing up the sizes. The smaller penny tiles on the walls match the floors, but the grout helps to break up the sea of black. With this tip, you can make any color work in the bathroom. Also, don't be afraid to add a pop of contrasting color and a bit of whimsy, like with this cheery ladder.
3. Have towels at the ready. Sure, you can add a basket of towels or store them in the linen closet, but if you're renovating, why not add some built in storage? The shelves underneath the sink at Hotel Missoni are unassuming, yet keep what you need close at hand. There's also plenty of hooks and bars in this smallish space.
4. Make the most of what you've got. Not all hotel bathrooms are expanses of marble. The charming old bathrooms at the Ace Hotel don't have much space, but use it well. The tiny corner sink is flanked by open ledges and storage baskets, proving even the smallest powder room can be made comfortable and useful.
5. Relax! Okay, so you may not be sold on a hammock like the one at the W Mexico City, but adding a little R&R to your WC is a great idea. Whether it takes the form of candles, soft curtains, a little settee, some calming tunes, or a fireplace, we all need a little escape sometimes.
Have you been inspired by hotel bathrooms?
MORE HOTEL BATHROOMS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Take a Mental Vacation: Hotel Bathrooms Across the Globe
• Don'ts Worth Doing: Design Ideas from Hotel Bathrooms
• How To: Create a Hotel-Style Bathroom
(Images: 1. The Greenwich Hotel via Decor Pad, 2. Hotel DeBrett via We Heart, 3. Hotel Missoni Edinburgh via Jetsetter, 4. Flickr via Remodelista, 5. Luxurious Mexico via Apartment Therapy)