While thrift shopping last weekend, we scored four wire locker baskets for only $12 each. Yipee! They were made in Shiner, Texas which apparently has an iron works along with the well-loved brewery. Now that we have them, what should we do with them?Re-purposing wire baskets isn't exactly a new idea and there must be dozens of ways to utilize these industrial baskets for storage. On a shelf or on the floor, they can hold anything from toys to toilet paper. We thought the baskets would be handy for stashing design magazines around the house.
We went hunting for other more creative ideas and came up with these resourceful ways to use lockers baskets in your home:
1. Vintage metal shelves and locker baskets provide endless storage in the this old-is-new kitchen remodel from Country Living.
2. Hang baskets on the wall over a desk and use them for easy paper and supply storage.
3. We love these painted baskets used for fabric storage in a charming, perfectly shabby craft nook.
4. With all the beautiful colors of yarn available, why not artfully display them in wire baskets on the wall?
5. Take wire baskets outside and use them for whimsical planters or for storing gardening tools.
Images 2-5: RoboJunker, Country Living, Timeless Treasures, Etsy Cottage Style
Any more ideas for re-purposing wire baskets? Turn them into lampshades or tie them to the front of bicycles?
Just in case you want instant basket gratification and don't want to wait until you find one at a thrift store, we're providing a few resources too: Iron Accents, Restoration Hardware, Land of Nod and Flag House (actual phys ed equipment store).