Originally designed in 1938 by the Argentinian architect Jorge Ferrari-Hardoy, the Butterfly Chair has been popular among design enthusiasts for decades. It's also a great choice for those just starting out in their first apartment or, in the case of the folding variety, anyone looking for last minute seating. Check out these 5 options for new butterfly chairs, along with a couple of sources for new covers for vintage chairs.
New Butterfly Chairs (shown above, left to right)
• Furlicious Butterfly Chair from PB Teen $99
• 1938 Leather Butterfly Chair from CB2 $399
• Iron Butterfly Chair from At West End $249
• El Habanero Chair from BigBKF.com $395
• Camel Leather Butterfly Chair from World Market $199
(Images: As credited above.)