We got on the reusable bag bandwagon a while ago and it's been great to see them enter the zeitgeist and proliferate our neighborhood en masse. (And, we've finally stopped getting strange looks and having to explain ourselves at the cash register.) But we're no longer a single gal cooking for herself; nor are we eating two meals a day at the office, so we're finding that we don't have enough bags for the weekly "big shop." So we hunted through the Ohdeedoh and AT archives to find a list of candidates (as well as a few new ones we're considering). This list certainly isn't exhaustive, but there are a lot of good options here.
- Hero Bags ($15-25, 100% recycled cotton canvas)
- Envirosax ($8.50 each or a set of five for $38, polyester)
- Eco Totes by 3beans ($15, 100% recycled cotton)
- Chico Bag ($5-8 polyester)
- Neela Bags ($7, polypropylene)
- Envirosax Greengrocer ($8, polyester)
- T-Bags ($10, irregular or recycled tees)