The in-store cafe concept is not a new idea, but the latest eateries to pop up are in hip shops with stylish food options to match. Shopping can be an exhausting experience, and these cafes offer a place to rest and contemplate your latest purchases.
Many of these cafes also sell the tableware that you eat on and the chairs that you sit on, so that you can experience before you make a purchase.
1. Merci in Paris is a lifestyle mecca that features three different cafes in their cavernous space.
2. Pitfield in London is best for brunching and Sunday antique shopping, but their coffee and pastries will keep you coming back seven days a week. Set alongside a mix of mid-century antiques, their cafe has a cheerful modern feel.
3. ABC Home has ABC Kitchen, which is not exactly a spot to pop into for a quick cup of coffee, but it deserves a nod for its Zagat rated food, decor, and celeb spotting.
4. Number One in Dallas is a newcomer to the retail dining scene after opening in 2012, bringing a European aesthetic to Texas.
5. Maison Midi in Los Angeles brought the Provence lifestyle to Los Angeles before it was copied by major chain stores. Dine in a French bistro setting, with a Croque Monsieur on the menu.
(Images: Claire Bock, Pitfield, ABC Home, Number One, Maison Midi)