It's back to the good old days of photography fun with instant digital pictures printed straight from your Polaroid camera! Is the company's latest instant digital camera enough to bring back the magic?
With the death of film cameras, Polaroid has struggled to not only be relevant but actually stay alive in a market saturated with inexpensive digital cameras. Polaroid stopped making cameras in 2007 film altogether in 2009. After several bankruptcies and attempted comebacks, Polaroid took a drastic publicity step in instilling Lady Gaga as their new public face, acting as creative director for the company.
Their recently announced new Polaroid Z340 Instant Digital Camera is their latest attempt to revitalize their business. A 14 megapixel digital camera, the Z340 prints 3'x4" photos instantly with its built in ZINK printer. We've all had fantastic fun memories with and from Polaroid cameras, but this might be too little too late.
Polaroid in the Unplggd Archives:
- Polaroid: Film & Digital Fun (CES 2011)
- The Polaroid Instant Camera is Back!
- For the Love of Instant Film: Decor Polaroid Style
- Snapshot Frames Make for a Great DIY Polaroid Project
- The New Polaroid as Décor
- Polaroid Coasters Capture the Times You Never Had
- How To: Make Your Digital Photos Look Like Polaroids
- News: Polaroid to Stop Making Film