In need of a new side table for your living room or bedside? Here are 5 inspirational metal side tables made from objects that had passed their prime.
1. Rachel from Smile and Wave made this end table from an old plant stand she found on the side of the road. She spray painted the stand a pretty celery color, and then stained a piece of wood and screwed it onto the top. You can find the full tutorial here.
2. The Paper Mama found a bargain priced filing cabinet at a thrift shop. Once she brought it home, she decided to turn it into a side table where she could store her ribbons and tapes. She gave it a fresh coat of paint, cut down some wooden table legs she purchased at Lowe's, and screwed the legs into the inside of the cabinet. Find the full tutorial here.
3. Dutch blog 101 Woonideeën turned an old, sturdy lampshade into a side table. See the tutorial here.
4. After lusting after some expensive log side tables in Domino magazine, Jennifer and Greg from the blog Seakettle decided to make their own from an old IKEA stool and a log slice. You can find the full tutorial here.
5. With some paint, wood and a tequila soda, Katy from The Clever Bunny turned an old IKEA hamper into a new side table. Find the full tutorial here.
(Images: 1. Smile And Wave; 2. The Paper Mama; 3. 101 Woonideeën; 4. Seakettle ; 5. The Clever Bunny )