• OrigAudio Fold n Play Recycled Speakers, $14.99 at Amazon: Made from recycled material and extremely portable. Starts out as a flat packed speaker and builds into portable speakers.
• Starbucks Coffee Cup Speakers: Using the standard Starbucks coffee cups, these speakers actually use a power amplifier so they produce real sound. You may get confused while in a daze and pick up your speaker thinking it's your mocha. The kicker is that the actual instructions are in Japanese.
• Recycled Paper Ceramic Speakers: With the use of recycled paper and ceramic, these speakers are actually pretty easy to make. Of course these aren't going to produce amazing amplified sound that you'd get from actual speakers; but these are still a fun and easy DIY project. The mp3 player is "connected" to the speakers through the earbuds!
• CupSpeakers (iPod Ghetto Accessory): Meant to be somewhat of a social experiment and practical joke, designer Dmitry Zagga made these cup speakers and they turned into a design blog sensation. We actually think these are pretty funny and it seems as though they actually work! Just use paper cups and toothpicks to create the actual "speaker" and plug in the earbuds in the back.
More DIY Speakers on Unplggd
• DIY Smart Phone Speaker
• The DIY Loudspeaker Projects Site
• JVC DIY Speaker Kit