Until we can buy our wine in bulk, wine lovers will have to continue to have excess bottles for recycling. Here are 6 wine bottle reuse ideas that don't require cutting the bottle. From a cork trivet to a candelabra, there's something here for everyone.
1. Wine Cork Trivet by Ciclus: The Spanish design company Ciclus recycles waste products into things of beauty. Their Wine Cork Trivet begins as an aluminum tray that you fill with your old wine corks to create a hot plate or trivet.
2. Wine Bottle Borders: Pounding wine bottles into the ground as a garden boarder, pathway liner or edger is a great way to use old bottles. They're durable, and look unique. See some inspiration here: Creative Reuse: Wine Bottle Borders.
3. Dispenser Bottle for Olive Oil or Hand-soap: To use as a dispenser for a viscous cooking of cleaning fluid, all that's required is the addition of a pour spout. Available at various places around the web including Superiorsportsbar, this turns your bottle into a functional storage container once again. See also an Instructables: Turning a Wine Bottle into an Oil Bottle.
4. Wine Bottle Recycled Shelving from Zero-Waste Design: The name and photo say it all: shelving, with versatile brackets comprised of wine bottles. Visit the link for information via Instructables and for purchase on Etsy.
5. Wine Bottle Candelabra: Available at the Sundance Catalog or from NationalArtCraft, wine bottle candelabras turn your bottle into a functioning centerpiece at a fraction of the cost of a traditional Candelabra. Also available from NationalArtCraft are wine bottle-to-lamp conversion kits.
6. Wine Bottle Torch: This modern and elegant torch was made through a little injenuity and is fueled by standard Tiki torch oil. See the complete how to here.