NaturaLatex Tranquil Mattress Manufacturer: Natura Retail Price: $1,399.99 for full set Nutshell review: The Natura was our third foam mattress and our third bed to make strong "green" claims. It was also our best foam bed experience yet. From the get-go, this bed was extremely comfortable and found favor with both myself and Sara Kate, and we hadn't both liked a bed equally yet. This is a soft, but supportive, foam surface that has no strange off-gassing odors and does not sleep "hot."
Sleep Experience• Excellent Our foam bed experiences to date had been challenging, and either ran "hard" (100% natural latex) or "hot" (memory foam), but this bed struck a great balance. We were immediately comfortable on the soft and a bit squishy surface of the foam, and found that throughout the month we never woke up feeling too hot in the middle of the night. While I favor softer beds, and Sara firmer, this one was comfortable for both of us.
→ Do you sleep on a Natura bed? If yes, please let me know in the comments how it's going for you.Also included with this bed was an Organic Dream Mate Pillow, made of Granulated Talalay latex fill, wool and cotton that was extremely comfortable.
Construction• Very Good While hard-core eco advocates may take exception with this bed being "constructed with [only] 66% green, natural or organic components," the trade-off seems to work. The mix of components makes for a very healthy bed, which is also comfortable and has an affordable price point. Natura makes 100% green beds at much higher price points, but we specifically asked for something in the middle of their line. The natural components are definitely on display, however, and very close to your skin. The foundation is classic slatted box construction (wood), while the mattress is layered in the following fashion below. Of these, I felt it was the generous use of wool that made a big difference in making the bed feel very breathable. Again, there was no off-gassing of any kind with our bed during the month.
• Aloe Vera ticking Stimulates healthy skin rejuvenation and provides an antimicrobial sleep surface • 2.3 lbs Pure NaturaWool™ Reduces tossing and turning from temperature fluctuations Improves circulation by buffering pressure points • Natural cotton fire barrier Meets and exceeds all Canadian & US flammability standards • 1" Plant-based foam Enhances cushioning comfort while supplementing support • 2” Talalay latex (blended) Absorbs motion transfer so couples can sleep together undisturbed • 5" Plant-based foam Provides cushioning support across the whole mattress surface
Price• Very Good With natural and organic beds coming in with high price points, due to the expense of the materials, the price of this bed seems very good to me. For the same price (or a bit less) as "branded" high end memory foam, you can sleep on this Natura and get a great sleep experience and have a good conscience. The only downside of Natura's product lineup is the endless variations that become impossible to keep track of. There is a bed at almost every price level with small differentiations within their components. While this is good for choice, it does make you wonder if the bed you chose is the "best" one for you.
YIB Bed Reviews
- Hastens - Hastens Excelsior II
- Savoir - Savoir No. 2 Bed - "The Savoy"
- Kluft - The Kluft Royal Sovereign "Concerto LS" Bed
- Keetsa - The Keetsa Pillow Plus
- Charles P. Rogers - The Biltmore Bed by C.P. Rogers
- Room & Board - Encased Coil Natural Mattress by Room & Board
- Tempurpedic - TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme with Advanced Ergo Adjustable Base
- Sealy - Embody Memory Foam Stillness Plus Bed by Sealy
- Simmons - Danny Seo Natural Care Bed by Simmons
- Natura - Natura Latex Tranquil