One of our least favorite tasks is doing the bookkeeping for our business. We have a number of reasons for detesting this chore but mainly the receipts are illegible due to fading and the date is always hard to find. Did we mention we're also really bad with numbers?! So you can bet when our bookkeeping is caught up, we reward ourselves at home...Just like Olga, we descend on the couch and bring all of our goodies with us. Reading Olga's Flickr notes, she rewards herself with a group of items that branch out onto the coffee table:
- The first thing we noticed was the DVD, Say Anything (we agree--such a good flick).
- Reading a good book is one of favorite ways to spend the evening in (right after we've cooked a yummy meal for ourselves). Olga's pick--The Taste of Country Cooking.
- A little luxury goes a long way, especially when creating nice home smells. Pictured is a candle from Vie Luxe that gives off the scent of fresh peonies.
- It's always a great feeling to catch up on current reading materials (for Olga, it's Barrons and an instruction manual for a gadget). Just rewarding yourself with time to do the little things that you never get around to is wonderful.
Apartment Therapy readers, what are the simple things you do to reward yourself at home?
- What's Your Home Indulgence?
- How Do You Reward Yourself At Home?
- 11 Ways To Save Money At Home, Painlessly
(Image: Sassy Radish)