Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Rita & Cane
- Gresham, OR
- Inspiration for my palette:
- Wanting a calm, quiet, contemplative feeling in our master bath—the kind we find when in northwest forests--we were inspired to include natural elements (cork and wood) and the colors we find on nearby Mt. Hood. We also wanted to bring in 70s elements, a nod to the era in which our home was built. We found vintage fixtures with warm amber glass, antique brass, and floral details that fit with the natural vibe while adding some baroque glamour to it. Kind of an odd mix, but we think it works.
- Colors used in my room
- The walls are Behr's Clove Brown, the door and door trim are Martha Stewart's Mushroom, the concrete counter top is tinted brown, the lights are antique brass and amber glass, and we've got lots of cork (on the floors) and wood trim/accents.
- Tips for using color successfully
- We're thrifters and re-users, which means using what we can find--and that means being open to letting those things determine the palette. We want to remain open to possibilities as far into the design process as we can.
- Northwest Forest
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2012