Name: Rivers (1 month)
Location: Goshen, Indiana
We chose to not find out what our baby was going to be, so from the beginning I knew I would be designing a gender neutral nursery. I wanted to incorporate a lot of color and mix new and vintage pieces to match the rest of our 1890s home. I wanted to create a fun and playful nursery that would work for either gender and now that we have a son I think the nursery is perfect for him!
Many elements are handmade by my husband and myself as well as family and friends. Each of the guests at my baby shower brought a letter to complete Rivers's alphabet wall. The dresser is an Ikea dresser that my husband and I painted. I made the bird mobile that hangs above the crib. A family friend made the rocker and child's rocker. I love that there is so much love included in so many of the objects in Rivers's nursery.
• Paint Color: Valspar Window Screen
• Crib: Davinici Jenny Lind in black
• Letters: Handmade & purchased by family & friends
• Rug: Urban Outfitters
• Curtains, bookshelf & dresser: Ikea
• Adult & Child's Rocking Chair: Handmade by a family friend
• Elephant Chairs: Vintage
• Mobile: Handmade
• Big Bird lamp: Made by my grandfather for me when I was 3
• Knit Blankets: Handmade by friends
• Elephant Pillow: The Pillow People
• Good Morning Sunshine Print: A Vintage Poster
• Animal Prints: Berkley Illustration
• Changing Pad Cover: Babies R Us
• Books: All were gifts and most are Caldecott Winners
Thanks Nicole! Readers, visit Nicole at Adventures in Love & Happiness.
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE