Sometimes the exhaustion of traveling with small children nearly negates the restorative effects of a vacation. Perhaps even most so when you're all trapped together in a car for hours on end (especially trying if you're the only adult in the car). Before a recent 6 hour drive with our one-year-old we went through our checklist of things to bring to make the ride more pleasant and comfortable for our son. While we didn't being all of these things, here's the beginning of a good list of helpful products for road trippin' with the youngest ones.
While we're not necessarily recommending any of these products specifically they each represent a helpful category of products that you may find useful:
First row, left to right
- Downtime Sleepy Hat (or a baby-sized sleep mask if your child will keep it on)
- Head and Body Support
- Window Sun Shade (for rear-facing car seats you might consider one that goes along the rear window)
- Insulated bag for storing food, breastmilk, juice, etc.
- Automobile bottle warmer
Second row, left to right
- Car Seat Play Arch for the smallest babies
- Automobile for older infants
- Front-facing car seat mirror
- Rear-facing car seat mirror
- Baby view mirror for your child's entertainment
Please add to our list - we're especially interested in diy ideas, too.