- New York, NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- Even though we live in the city, and our fourth floor bedroom windows overlook the street, somehow our bedroom is very peaceful and quiet. From a design standpoint, it is a simple canvas - with neutral colors similar to the walls in the adjoining master bath; this canvas brings the two spaces together creating a sense of unity between the rooms. Year-round full afternoon sunlight creating shadows through the beautiful windows are a favorite aspect of our bedroom for sure. The fireplace adds a dramatic effect, and provides a perfect sleeping alcove for our dog! Last, amidst the walnut mid-century inspired furniture, we use comfortable, warm and soft bedding in warm greys which grounds the room and makes the bed the focal point.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Keep neutrals predominant and accentuate with pops of color in smaller furnishings..it will make those special pieces stand out and you'll love them that much more! Perhaps, the best piece of advice for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom is to make the bed every morning. If you don't, it makes the entire room look messy and disorganized..and who wants that?
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Our bedroom is a retreat; however, first and foremost it is our bedroom. In our house, there isn't much multi-purpose functionality incorporated into the space. We will sometimes read or bring a laptop to bed, but aside from that, our room is a space for relaxation, comfort and rejuvenation..nothing more, nothing less. Keep it simple.
My Bedroom Retreat