- Brighton, MA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the character and charm of this apartment, a quintessential old Boston style apartment. It hasn’t been difficult to make this apartment a cozy home filled with happiness and beauty. The most important part of our apartment is that we can throw a ball from one side of the apartment to the other for our dog Wellesley to fetch.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. It isn’t always true that filling a room with furniture will make it look cramped. When I first walked into our apartment, I panicked because it looked so small. I worried that we wouldn’t be comfortable in such a small space, until the furniture arrived and suddenly the apartment’s scale became much more realistic. It actually looked bigger with furniture than it did empty.
2. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. We rent our apartment, but that didn’t stop me from hanging some bold wallpaper with tacks (the same color as the paper) and some double stick tape. It's a big statement, without permanence, and I get complimented on it by everyone.
ATVideo of the Day