Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Elgin , IL
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that everything in it (except for the bed) was found secondhand. I am really proud of the decorative painting, which I designed and painted myself. I haunt flea markets, auctions, and thrift shops to find things that are classic, clean-lined, and striking. My bedroom is the result of years of those unexpected and very affordable discoveries.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- 1. Have an overall vision that you want to achieve, and work toward it as your budget allows.
2. Make it warm and welcoming. Like it or not, your bedroom is seen as an extension of yourself. You don't want people to see it and rethink their opinions of you!
3. Make it comfortable-- splurge for good sheets, supportive pillows, and the right mattress!
4. Accept that if you have pets, it will be their bedroom too. Don't get freaked out if your furry friends want up on the bed.
5. A restful bedroom should help you relax-- so keep the TV and the computer somewhere else!
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I use my bedroom as a place to rest, relax and read. Books are a big part of my life, so I wanted a room where I could delve into these other worlds and not be distracted. I deliberately chose to exile my computer and television to other rooms-- that way I can focus on the things a proper bedroom is good for: resting, reading, and being loved.
See all entries