- St Louis Park, MN
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that it's eclectic and vibrant but still relaxing. For being a small space (11' X 11' - 132 sq ft) it doesn't feel cramped. The use of pattern, texture, color and fun accessories helps to pull your eye around the space and keeps things interesting. It's a great place to relax during the day, read, listen to music and of course, for sleeping.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- In a small space it's important that the furniture that is used is functional from a storage and organization standpoint. Being able to have everything that you don't want seen tucked away helps to create a soothing and relaxing space where you can decompress without distractions. Use music and lighting to enhance or change the ambiance of the bedroom space and block out unwanted interference. For lighting control, on days when you want to sleep in, having proper curtains or blinds to block out light is also key.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Having a seating area, even in a small bedroom like this, is important because it makes it a destination for more than sleeping. The lighting in this room plays a big role in its use. We've installed Phillips HUE light bulbs which we can control with the touch of a button to create the perfect atmosphere for reading or relaxing or whatever.
My Bedroom Retreat