Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Kirkwood, MO
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- We don't get a lot of light in our apartment, so I tried to keep the colors very vibrant for those dark gray, rainy days - especially in winter. I know most people like "soothing" colors in the bedroom, but with 2 small kids, I never seem to have any problem falling asleep at the end of the day!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I usually tell people to try to keep the clutter to a minimum in the bedroom. And the simplest trick I've ever found for keeping my bedroom neat is to try to remove objects that seem to attract clothing like a magnet (sorry, elliptical machine!). And keep your closet door closed! It makes a big difference.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I work a lot at the desk in our bedroom. It's the only kid-free zone in the house where I can go for a grown-up time out when things get hectic. So it really is a retreat in the literal sense of the word!
See all entries