Room dividers are a great way to create the illusion of a larger space, especially in small rooms. They also create architectural interest and can even provide a nice dose of color and pattern. We've rounded up some great products and D.I.Y.'s to provide you with some inspiration for your own small spaces.Whether it be hanging wall panels, open book cases, vintage folding screens, or D.I.Y. solutions made from unusual materials, there are lots of creative ways to make your small space more dynamic.
As with anything you introduce into a child's space, be cautious with your solutions. If you use a hanging divider, anchor the bottom of it in some way so it doesn't become a makeshift climbing wall or Tarzan swing for those curious kiddos. Most of the open bookcases can be displayed horizontally making them more stable, but if the design doesn't allow for it, consider the vertical units for older kids' rooms. You will want to anchor your room divider if it's displayed in a space with small children.
• Eames Rocker Hanging Fabric Panel, $238.00
• Modern Contemporary Hanging Room Divider Screen, $199.99
• DIY Room Divider made from contact paper
• Hokku Designs Marcel Bookcase, $269.00
• LOFTwall Room Partition
• Hokku Designs Lucas Bookcase, $199.00
• Vintage Teak Room Divider, $995.00 (Keep an eye out on Craigslist!)
• Vintage Folding Screen, $295.00
• Laugh in Grass and Lime Slat, $199.00-$238.00
• Placemat Wall Hanging DIY
• DIY Wall Hanging Divider (another option for the matte board component could be plexiglass in a variety of colors!)