A nice wide open space can be nice when you haven't got a lot of square footage, but it can also be a drag for those coveting a little privacy (or just not wanting to see the bed from you know, the kitchen). All kinds of spaces could benefit from these room dividing solutions.
We chose the phrase "room dividing solutions" versus just "room divider" because not all of these are traditional room dividers. Yes, a nice screen or room divider will give the biggest amount of physical and visual privacy, but lots of other things like shelves can help break up a space visually and create specific areas. Depending on your level of privacy needs, you might like how a shelf can divide without feeling too overwhelming and create additional storage. Of course, a simple and slim room divider is also a great solution for many spaces. Pick one that works for you:
1. Brave Space Tetrad Mega Piece
starts at $3500
2. Index Four Bookcase $3200
3. IKEA EXPEDIT $129
4. Chiasso Coil Room Divider $398
5. Photograph Panel Room Divider $99
6. West Elm Rolling Storage $229.99 – $599
7. Gaiam Natural Bamboo Screen $229
8. CB2 3.14 White Bookcase $450
9. Do It Yourself Canvas Room Divider $89
10. Basic 4-Panel Room Divider $75
Images: As linked above.