The women emphasize that their arrangement functions as a "supportive structure without losing one's individual sense of privacy"
• 1 Catherine Redmond's large, open workspace.
• 2 Catherine's small bedroom.
• 3 The floorplan shows the two spaces share a long hallway.
• 4 Roselyn Leibowitz's living space.
• 5 Roselyn has a larger bedroom because she likes to draw and work on the bed.
Because the loft was gut-renovated with the help of architect Michael Zenreich, each woman was able to customize her space to her individual living style and working style. Check out the full article: Living Together: To Each Her Own and the slideshow.
Pics: Michael Weschler