Why are high ceilings the only ones getting celebrated? Sloped ceilings–like the kind you find in attic spaces–have a ton of character and make cozy rooms like bedrooms and family rooms feel a whole lot more intimate. Here are seven rooms that get it right when it comes to angled ceilings. The owners of these spaces haven't just worked around the sloped ceiling challenge, they've embraced it.
If you're stuck in a rut with a low angled space in your home, look to one of these designs for ideas–like using the slope above a bed to hang an overhead canopy or embracing an interesting architectural feature with dynamic diagonal storage.
- A wardrobe solution from a Toronto residence by MHouse Inc.
- Floor to sloped-ceiling storage in Lynne Anne's Converted Attic
- A bohemian attic room in Presidio Heights, San Francisco, from Upscale Construction.
- A laundry room construction project from Louisville's Rock Paper Hammer.
- A kids' room in the home of decorator Kelly Donovan.
- An attic retreat makeover featured in Ottawa Citizen Style magazine.
- A soft violet girls' bedroom in the 2009 Southern Accents Showhome in Texas.