You don't have to be able to tell an Arak from a Tabriz to appreciate how good either rug looks in a room. They work well with modern or traditional decor, and they only get better with age.
Classy and classic, oriental rugs are a reliably stylish way to add color, pattern, and history to almost any room in your house. They'll add interest to a hallway (Image 10) and give a grownup feel to a nursery (Image 2). They add an unexpectedly luxurious look to the kitchen (Image 8), and, thanks to their complex patterns, they can hide stains.
2. Erin Williamson for Apartment Therapy
3. Tria Glovan for Coastal Living
4. Julio Quinones & Associates via Decorpad
5. Molly Molina Crawford for Design*Sponge
6. Peter Bennetts via Desire to Inspire
7. via HGTV
9. Celeste Sunderland for Apartment Therapy
10. Leela Cyd Ross for Apartment Therapy
MORE ORIENTAL RUGS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Inspiration: Oriental Rugs in Modern Contexts
• A Winning Trifecta: Leather, Mid-Century Modern and Oriental Rugs
• Bedside Beauties: Oriental Rugs and Kilims in the Bedroom
• Oriental Rugs in the Kitchen
(Images: as credited above)