When we posted a little while ago about rooms that break the rules of traditional furniture arrangement, we got a lot of responses in the comments from people who don't own a coffee table. As a result, we began to notice living rooms from our house tours and previous posts that skip the conventional sofa/coffee table set-up...
In place of a coffee table, most of the rooms shown above substitute side tables or an ottoman to hold drinks and magazines. It's a way to open up some floor space in a small home, or to mix things up in a larger living room.
• 1 Bridget's Clean & Current in North Brooklyn
• 2 Melissa and Henry's Small Live/Work Home
• 3 Maxime Masters a Rental
• 4 Nataniël's Blank Canvas
• 5 Steve and Erin's Family Town Home
Photos: Judy Brown, Melissa & Henry, Jill Slater, Liezel Strauss, Sparrow King