- Allison and Paul's Silverlake Gem with a view: The living room, with its fireplace and curvaceous couch, is cozy even without a rug; a rug here might even feel overwhelming. Dogs in this home might have been another contributing factor to the owners' decision not to get a rug.
- Dwell on Design: Eastside Home Tours, Part 1: Without a rug, this small living room feels much more expansive than it would with one.
- Sara Lov's Los Feliz Charmer: Bare floors make this room look modern; a rug might make this room, with its period couch and subtle, slightly retro colour scheme, look dated.
- David & Shyla's Eclectic Loft at the Brewery: Most of the floors are left bare here, the better to show off the stenciling on the floors and contribute to the open expansive feel of this home.
- Tracy & Rex's Southbay Home: Here, a rug would hide the beautiful, wide plank oak floors, a point of pride with the owners, who recently installed them.
What's your thought -- to rug or not to rug?