- Naperville, IL
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- A peaceful and calm Zen retreat ! We love the minimalist look that we were going after for the bedroom. Its a white on white palette with textures in window treatments, bedding ,a neutral colored wall art and a pop of color in the form of a throw. There is no patterns play here. The little Zen garden, a DIY project incorporating my collection of sand and pebbles from travels around the world adds a touch of calm. The main focus of the room was to bring the outdoors in.With all the neutral colors and textures the only colors you will see in this room are the changing colors of the seasons! All in all, its a space to unwind, relax and rejuvenate. Wish I had pictures of the room taken in fall and summer!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- I believe a bedroom should be a calm and soothing space. Choose a style of bed and make it the main focus of the bedroom. Doing away with unnecessary clutter is always easy on the eyes and the soul! Choose a neutral bedding so you can switch accessories with the changing seasons. Its always nice to add a personal and unique touch to a space instead of getting some run of the mill store bought artwork.You don't have to spend a lot. For instance the artwork in this room was a DIY project,a table cloth stretched over an existing frame! You can never go wrong with a simple, clean lined , clutter free space!
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- Connecting with nature! With a huge bay window and a private deck,its a perfect space to relax ,read and enjoy the seasons!
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day