With all of the ash and smoke floating in the air from the fires, California is not particularly sunny now. So, in order to inject a bit of sun into our currently grey lives, we rounded up some bright examples of this colour and the many moods it can have...
- Marissa & Mark's Chic Garden Party: the pale yellow used here feels more like a reflection of sunshine than a colour. One trick to getting a pale colour is to find a shade you like and ask the paint store to cut the formula in half.
- Scott's Silverlake Bachelor Pad: Yellow, used here in the hallway, is a good transition colour between the blue bathroom and the taupe office.
- Karen's Cozy and Cheery Cherrywood Home: Yellow seems to be the default colour for a living room, maybe because it reminds us of how much we love lollygagging around in the sunshine; it's also often seen in kitchens.
- Jora and Bryan's Midcentury Organic Remodel: Orange-yellow is an unusual colour for a kid's room but a good choice if you want to shy away from the pink or blue.
- Seonna's Hillside Modern: Pair deep yellow with blue for a pop of colour; for a more subtle mix, pair yellow with its complements, pink and orange.