Just because recession is at our front doors doesn't mean you can't get the most out of your computer. There are so many great applications out there today that even if your wallet's lighter than a Macbook Air right now, you can still do just about anything with your computer without having to spend a dime. Here's 22 of them (the best, mind you), courtesy of Vitamin CM.
The roundup is split into 5 different categories:
- System Utilities
- Windows Live Writer: A blogger's MS Word.
- Notepad++: A coder's sidekick.
- Foxit PDF Reader: Love for PDFs, no fluff.
- CutePDF Writer: Create PDFs easy.
- Paint.net: Minor photo edits without Photoshop muscles.
- VLC: Play anything, anywhere.
- Picasa: Manage photos like a champ.
- iTunes: Streaming made easy.
- DVD Shrink: Legally back up your DVDs.
- uTorrent: Torrents made easy.
- CCleaner: Clean out your system's crap.
- Filezilla: Quick FTP client.
- Rocket Dock: PC users get a taste of the dock.
- 7Zip: Free WinZip alternative.
- SyncBack: Backup and restoration made easy.
- AVG Antivirus: Free lightweight protection.
If you want the full list of 22 programs, check out Vitamin CM's coverage. Or better yet, have a favorite application you'd like to recommend? Let us know in the comments!