If there's one good health investment you can make to your home office setup, it's replacing that cruddy default Dell one that came with your computer 7 years ago with an ergonomic one. With recommendations from both Alan Hedge, director of Human Factors and Ergnomics Lab at Cornell and a few of our own pickings, you'll have plenty to choose from.
Top 6 Ergonomic Keyboards:
- Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 ($89.95 + $49.95 for keypad): Just announced, this is Microsoft’s thinnest keyboard ever, just a bit thicker than a AAA battery. Bluetooth, a separate number key pad, and the handsome curved shape make this a great choice for ergonomic use.
- Goldtouch Go! ($139): Real light and portable, this is the ultimate laptop keyboard.
- Kensington Comfort Type Slim Keyboard ($20): It looks traditional, but check out those keys! Don't they make a lot more sense now that you imagine your hand over it?
- Jasper Freeboard ($149): A mousepad built in? No way! There's also a snap-on attachment for all you lefties out there.
- Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 ($50): You can never go wrong with Microsoft's classic winner. One of our personal favorites around the office.
- Logitech Wave Keyboard ($50): Recessed keys make typing a breeze with Logitech's ergonomic "wave." built into the entire keyboard design.