Watering cans are actually a really efficient way to water (in terms of saving water, not in terms of the time it takes). A can like the Haws Conservatory Watering Can has a really specific and well designed nozzle that's great for watering small plants without blasting them all to bits. But not everyone needs something so... refined. So here are my top 6 so far, please add more!
• Glanvanized Watering Can, $45
• Pipe Dreams, $90 (out of my price range but silly enough that I thought I ought to include it)
• Elephant Watering Can, $4.29
• Haws Conservatory Watering Can (for real gardeners), $27.99
• Vallo Can, $1.99
• Tree Watercan, about $30 from the UK.
And there's not a great picture of it, but I did also like this charming yellow galvanized steel can though I'd want to find one locally.
And does anyone else use a glass (I know) pitcher for their balcony watering like I do sometimes?