It's true that all you really need for a successful garden is a few seeds, some water and a little dirt (and even the dirt is questionable these days!). But there's nothing wrong with having the right tool for the job, especially when it comes to pruning, trimming and taming the great outdoors! Check out our 8 great favorites and add your own to the list after the jump!
1. Swan Drinking Water Safe Hose: for $22.98 from Lowe's. Made specifically to keep the harmful chemicals out of your water, we love this Swan hose from Lowe's (and not just because it rhymes) and we love cold drinks after an afternoons worth of work and the hose is the best place for them!
2. Corona Heavy Duty Bypass Pruner: for $25.99 at Ace Hardware. Corona pruners are what the pros use. Their blades stay sharp and strong which means crisp clean cuts and little maintenance.
3. American Lawn Mower Co. Deluxe Light Reel Mower: for $119.99 at Ace Hardware. For those with grass to mow, check into a Reel Mower. We've been using them for years and even if you aren't into mowing your whole yard with them they are still perfect for those tight spots around and near flower beds.
4. Home Gardner Gardnerr Gloves: for $9.99 at Home Depot. Gloves are a great way to keep your hands clean while offering them a little bit of extra padding to repetitive tasks such as raking, or mowing.
5. True Temper Landscaper Wheelbarrow: for $69.99 from Home Depot. Now, sure you can haul mulch, rock, soil and other gardening mediums bag by bag. But there's a difference between using your gardening time as a workout and ending up on the couch with a bad back. You might prefer a wheel barrow or a gardening cart with 4 wheels, but either way you look at it, they can be your back's new best friend!
6. Re-Useable Velcro Plant Ties: for $9.95 from Gardener's Supply. They are lightweight enough to hold even delicate stems and blossoms in place, while having the durability to hold heavier branches and trees. Plus, they are reuseable from year to year and can even be used to help hold other things, like Christmas lights up!
7. Mechanical Water Timer: for $11.49 from Do It Best. Need to water but don't have time to do it on your schedule? Water timers are great ways to let your gardens soak while you're away (or sleeping!) without fear of flooding or wasting water or money! You can also find digital varieties, but we've always been a big believer in the simpler the better.
8. Stretch Knee Pads: for $ 19.95 from Gardener's Supply. We've never been a big fan of those foam kneelers (we usually set them down and forget to move them as we work), but we aren't big fans on stain fighting either. Knee pads can be a great alternative and even if you look like you're ready for a game of volleyball, they get the job done!
Do you have a tried and true garden product you just can't live without?
Let us know in the comments below!