Schoolhouse style has been a growing obsession. It's an eclectic mash of vintage and industrial with a bit of geek chic that is easy to incorporate into a home with inhabitants of any age. Until recently, the not so easy part was finding readily available lighting options beyond the flush mount schoolhouse globe. While we still prefer true vintage fixtures, we've happily discovered scads of new ones with a great deal of old school charm...
• Schoolhouse Electric's Hampton 6, a fresh retro look for a classic schoolhouse pendant globe.
• Kichler- Seaside 1 light Olde Brick Pendant, a great looking industrial style light fit for a cool contemporary interior. It's also available as an indoor/outdoor wall sconce.
• Pottery Barn's Montgomery lamp. We love the curves of this old streetlight inspired light, available as a floor or table lamp.
• JC Penny Linden Street's Wood Pharmacy Lamp. We love pharmacy style lights, and we especially love this one's price tag.
• Martha Stewart's Soho Loft Pendant. A substantial industrial-inspired pendant with a simple silhouette.
• Pottery Barn's Oliver Sconce. We could imagine these stylish old school wall sconces would wake up a tired bedroom sale quite nicely. And the fact that they're over 50% off is quite nice as well.
• Seagull's Trenton Mini Pendants. We have 3 of these in our kitchen, and love them. They put off a lot of light and they add a lot of vintage character without taking up a lot of visual space.
• Pottery Barn's Photographer's Tripod Floor Lamp. A vintage inspired sturdy lamp with much more character than your average reading light.
• Pottery Barn's Leo Sconce. We love the rough edged look of this adjustable sconce that's intended for the bathroom, but would look equally as good in a bedroom or living room. It's also available as a double sconce.
• Etsy seller, Kam Lamp Company's Vintage Minimalist Three Light Pendant. Handmade from restored 100 year old Arrow sockets.
• Sea Gull's Single Light Red Pendant Simple style, classic design, and an easily digestible price tag make this bright retro style pendant a bright addition.
• Rejuvenation's Baldwin Pendant. An unfussy reinterpretation of an old schoolhouse favorite.
• West Elm's Globe Pendant. Stunningly simple, but it makes a great focal point.
• Sundance's Livingston Pendant. This galvanized steel pendant is about as uncomplicated and rugged as they come.
• Lowes' Hunter Schoolhouse Globe. For those looking to freshen an outdated ceiling fan, this fixture attaches at the fan's base and adds instant character to what is often a total eyesore.
What would add to the roundup?