Facing a slew of houseguests in our own future, we had planned on writing a post chronicling what we felt were the top five elements needed in a guest room. We realized we've already seen a ton of great advice on a variety of guest topics, however, and decided to round them up for you in one convenient spot instead. And of course...we'll want your opinions on houseguests!
For the record, we were going to say that a comfortable mattress, a nightstand with reading lamp, a place to store luggage, privacy and access to snacks are the elements we think are the most important thing for a guest room. But, as we mentioned, there has been all sorts of great advice on Apartment Therapy on the subject of houseguests already:
- 10 ways to accomodate guests in a small space
- How to make guests feel welcome
- How to be a good houseguest
- What to do when you don't have a guest room
- Items you reserve for guests only
- How to prepare for a houseguest
- How to be a green houseguest
- Guest house inspiration
- House guests and pets advice
- Guests and a new baby
- Stocking the home for holiday guests
What's the best houseguest advice you've got? Do you know what a guest room needs? Do you know how to be the best guest in someone else's house? Do you have the secrets of staying sane with a home full of guests? Let us know!