We'd like to offer up these nine shower curtains as great options for those of you who don't want a blast of color or pattern in your shower curtain, but aren't satisfied with just plain white. A hint of color, an understated graphic or a calming floral pattern can add a bit of visual interest without becoming overwhelming.
We've rounded up our favorite shower curtains that won't make a simple decor feel busy, or a small space feel smaller.
• 1 Anthropologie's New Continent curtain is a natural cotton curtain with the details of an imaginary continent embroidered on, giving it a subtle and unique detail.
• 2 Crate & Barrel offers the Marimekko Madison curtain in taupe. This understated pattern is based on the original 1977 design by Maija Isola.
• 3 Another Marimekko favorite, the Hetkia, is available at Velocity Art and Design. The intricate line drawing doesn't overwhelm in this black on white design.
• 4 The Waterfall Ruffle shower curtain at Urban Outfitters is a very romantic and frilly accent, but crisp in all white.
• 5 Custom Shower Curtains on Etsy offers hundreds of designs, but we favor the Flock of Birds. A simple graphic addition to a bathroom that we think is charming.
• 6 The Lattice shower curtain from Restoration Hardware is an understated but luxurious option that comes in an array of calming colors. Our favorite is the silver sage, shown here.
• 7 West Elm offers a Pleated-Top shower curtain that comes in bright white, verdure, espresso and blue sage (which we love!).
• 8 The Vanilla Area Blocks shower curtain at Velocity Art and Design adds a graphic appeal in a muted color palette, keeping the overall effect calm and clean.
• 9 Appetitehome on Etsy offers screenprinted cotton shower curtains with original designs, like this beautiful seaweed print in red on a white background. We love the subtle splash of color and the handmade appeal.