Small city apartments often come with equally tiny closets, but with a few tricks, tools, and a little discipline, you can make the most of every last inch. Here are a few of my favorite tools for maximizing even the smallest closet space.
1. Elfa Shelving System from the Container Store
A good closet system is the best investment you can make when it comes to making the most of limited closet space. (Platinum elfa reach in pictured.)
2. Handbag File from Amazon, $10
This handbag file makes use of vertical space and serves the double purpose of protecting the bags.
3. Huggable Hangers, set of 34, from Target, $17
Huggable hangers will quite literally double your available space. They are slim, stackable and nonslip.
4. Universal Bookends from Amazon, $5.40
Universal bookends are perfect for holding bags and clutches upright on a shelf.
5. Over the Door Organizer from West Elm, $79
A multipurpose over the door organizer can be used to make the most of the space, however you see fit.
6. Box with Compartments from IKEA, $10
A lightweight, compartmentalized box can serve as a makeshift drawer and be stacked on closet shelves.
7. Vertical Organizer from IKEA, $8
The perfect vertical organizer for a scarf collection.
8. Shelf Organizer from Brylane Home, $30
Touted as a "Parking lot for purses," this organizer is sized to fit a regular shelf.
9. Double Hang Closet Rod from Wayfair, $12.11
An easy, non-permanent way to double existing rod space.
10. Pant Hanger from Bed Bath and Beyond, $7
A tiered hanger streamlines pant storage.