I'm the type of person that has delusions of grandeur regarding my ability to accomplish DIY tasks. I have a list a mile long, and just can't get to them all. Regardless, I swoon at interesting projects, and I've rounded up five of my favorite ideas from some very crafty sites!
- Poppytalk, one of my favorite crafty design blogs, offers this "Weekend Project" of creating a snow globe out of a cloche bell jar. Their examples are simply adorable, and I could see two or three of them as fantastic holiday centerpieces!
- These DIY leather pinecones are a fantastic rustic detail that I would leave out regardless of the season. Anthology offers a great tutorial on creating them yourself--although I wonder how long they actually take...
- I love pieces of driftwood, and enjoy incorporating them into my home decor. Hello Metro ups the ante and adds an orchid to the table. Again, this is a beautiful piece that transcends season---but it's still pretty perfect for a holiday centerpiece!
- This project from the BBB Craft Sisters, courtesy of Design*Sponge, takes ordinary cardboard and twine and turns it into beautiful gourd place settings!
- It's hard to have a list like this without including Martha Stewart. Here, the Dutchess of DIY shows us a simple and interesting mini-Mayflower Centerpiece. Made of wood, paper and twine, it's a cute homage to old sail ships!
Images: As credited above.