The first day of fall is next friday, but here in Austin I am celebrating early! After a long summer of record-breaking heat, severe drought, and raging wildfires (which are still going), it is overcast this morning, and this week calls for rain. The cooler, dimmer lit morning means that I've been thrown head-first into the fall mentality! Here's my list of perfect fall provisions.
• I love my galoshes! I did an entire photo series on them when I was living in San Francisco (where it rained more than once a year). But I don't love the mess they make when you come in from the rain. Martha Stewart offers this solution, which I adore. This pebble-filled tray still manages to look modern and stylish, while preventing a puddle at your front door.
• I'm currently settling for my beloved, fairly beat up Mexican woven blanket. Perhaps one day I can upgrade to a gorgeous Pendleton wool throw. This Iroquois Turtle Blanket is gorgeous, and super cozy looking.
• Fall, for me, means warm candles glowing in every room (well, the one you're in, anyhow) in a seasonal-inspired scent. I tend not to opt for the more literal seasonal scents, like Warm Pumpkin Pie, and love Voluspa's sophisticated blends, like this Winesap Apple Spice.
• I think I've become a bit more open to traditional decor since buying a home. But only traditional decor with a more modern twist. This Autumn Door Wreath from Etsy seller HeartfeltYarnWreaths is quite nice for an entryway. I'm opening my heart to door wreaths!
• I have a ton of scarves, and I love to wear them. When they're piled in a basket or crammed in my closet, I often don't take advantage enough. I love this solution for bringing your scarves out into your home without creating a corner of chaos. Using a ladder, especially a vintage-looking one, to display them makes them more of an artistic showing rather than a functional mess! Via I'm Glad I Exist.
Images: As credited above.