I will admit it: my shoes are all roaming free on the floor of my closet. While I happen to have just tidied them in my new-year bout of cleaning, they typically end up in a dreadful pile. Next on my list of storage solutions to tackle is finding a better solution for my shoes. Here are some of my favorite options!
- Oh, how I wish that my shoes were pretty enough (and clean enough!) to display on pieces of crown molding on the wall! I love this idea---even if only for my seldom worn fancy shoes. Shoes are often works of art in their own right, and at very least this would save my prettiest ones from the ravages of the closet pile! Via Babble
- J-Me's freestanding Nest Shoe Rack is as interesting as it is useful! Perfect for an entryway to catch your most often worn shoes.
- I love the idea of repurposing a vintage or rustic shelf of some sort into shoe storage. Even though this one, seen on Stylish Eve, is full of tennis shoes (not necessarily decor-friendly) it still attractive enough to keep in full view!
- I have to say that I am still a fan of a simple over-the-door shoe caddy. Although I will maintain that the cheap-looking plastic ones or garishly patterned examples irk me. A simple and clean canvas caddy, like this one seen on Real Simple, is a tried and true option, and not just for shoes! That is, as long as you have a door for it...I'm out of luck in my bedroom.
- I love this tutorial on how to make an attractive and modern shoe rack, found on not martha. Inspired by the J-Me Horizontal Shoe Rack, this is a simple and affordable DIY. Love it!
(Images: as linked above)