There are many advantages to working at home – life/work balance, no carbon-spewing commute – but what if you don't have room in the house for a dedicated office? If you're lucky enough to have a back yard, consider renovating your shed or adding a new one, and check out these small and impressive offices for ideas. From cozy DIY to sleek prefab, there's a style for everyone.
• 1 Backyard Home Office – A Pulitzer Prize winning writer's potting shed-turned-home office (Sunset)
• 2 BillyOh Pathfinder Woodman Log Cabin – At once traditional and modern, but unfortunately only available in the UK
• 3 Backyard Tool Shed Office – Brian DeHamer turned this Tuff Shed into a comfortable work space
• 4 Chuck & Jessica's 196 Square Foot Green Shed – Sustainably designed and winner of the 2009 International Shed of the Year award!
• 5 Outdoor Office – A charming mix of fun and function (House to Home)
• 6 Shed Turned Office – A warm and rustic space built from recycled wood (Sunset)
• 7 Modern-Shed – One of Modern-Shed's clean, simple, and colorful designs
• 8 OfficePod – For those who prefer something more sleek than the typical shed
Related: Maximizing Your Minimal Footprint