A fresh spring homeWe're anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring this year, which (finally!), is only a couple weeks away. Below are a few things we're doing to get ready, and some resources for the big spring clean... We know it can be difficult to imagine spring is on it's way when there's still snow in some parts of the country, but believe it or not, there's only about 16 days left until the season officially changes. Here's what we'll be up to in the meantime:
- Washing/Dry Cleaning our lighter blankets Maybe it's wishful thinking, but we want to have them ready to go when the moment comes to cast off our comforter.
- Fertilizing We're not much of a green thumb, but we do know that now is the time to get some fertilizer to our dwarf citrus trees in order for them to bear fruit down the line.
- Checking storage supplies We'll make a list of what we need for storing away winter coats, sweaters, blankets, etc. If we need anymore storage boxes, we'd rather get them now when they're readily available, than have to contend with all the other spring cleaners in a few weeks.
- Cleaning window blinds and curtains In order to let in as much light as possible!
Let us know what you're doing in anticipation of spring. Spring Cleaning Resources:
- Best Spring Cleaning Tips 2008
- How Do You Kick Off Spring Cleaning?
- Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Wardrobe
- What's Your Top Spring Cleaning/Organizing Task?
Image: Josè Picayo for House Beautiful