Raymond Waites Couture Brookshire Chair from Lane Venture
Lately I have been obsessed with the color gray. It may have something to do with the impending Fall and Winter seasons or the fact that most things in my home at this moment are white, and I am ready for a color overhaul. I have finally made space in my living room to add two comfy reading chairs near the fireplace and the wingback style chair has piqued my interest. After all, the design of the wingback was originally intended to shield us from drafts and to add some protection to the face when in front of a blaring fire.
I love the tallness and sturdiness of these chairs and that the "wings" are a place for you to rest your head and arms. Most versions pictured here are broad enough to get both feet curled up onto the seat for the ultimate in tucked-in coziness.
These 10 grey(ish) wingback chairs are beautifully designed and they range in price from expensive to who in the world can afford that? But this is for inspiration, so drool on.
1. The Ellery Chair from West Elm
2. Gentleman's Wingback Chair from Kara Mann
3. Anderson Wing Chair from William Sonoma
4. Wingchair from Suite New York
5. Hank Chair from William Sonoma
6. Ixelles Wing Chair from Kara Mann
7. Raymond Waites Couture Brookshire Chair from Lane Venture
8. Tivoli Chair from Jayson Home & Garden
9. Wingback Chair from The Conran Shop
10. Weston Wing Chair from Jayson Home & Garden
Images: as linked above