hemp are both naturally sustainable, durable, anti-bacterial. Others, like vinyl shower curtain alternatives, are a no-brainer due to the amount of toxic off-gassing. Here are a few accessories we'd love to see in our bathroom:
- Vintage Towel Hooks ($16 and up): These vintage towel hooks are found, freshened and painted by Etsy seller MonkeyAndSquirrel. The hooks available are beautiful and would be a great way to add character to your bathroom. The horse hook in blue is available here while the blue bird hanger is available here.
- Teak Bath Mat($69): We've blogged about this teak maze-formed mat before made from plantation harvested wood byproduct reclaimed from a furniture factory. 14"L x 23.5"W x 1.5"H.
- Cork Bath Mats (small $24.00 and large $42.00): These cork bathmats are also naturally anti-fungal, and dries quickly. Softer than teak, the cork surface provides a soft, nonslip surface of sustainability harvested cork. Available in small (23¼"L x 17½"W x ½"D) and large size (35½"L x 23¾"W x ½"D).
- Teak Bath Stool ($149.00): Made from teak, a wood used on sail boats, this stool is naturally water resistant. Made from sustainable teak, the stool is hand-sanded and then rubbed with an oil finish.
- Organic Bath Mat ($30): If a softer mat is more your style, ShopeQuita offers a hefty organic cotton bath mat sourced from a cotton cooperative of 6,500 family farmers in India.
- Hemp Shower ($65): As mentioned before, hemp is a wonderful product for the bathroom because of its' sustainability and durability. Hemp plants use less water than cotton and supply greater fiber per acre.