Times change and so will the decor of your children's spaces. Posters will come and go and most likely so will linens and paint colors. But one thing that we always need is lighting and if kept simple and chic, it's an easy thing to keep incorporating back into the space time and time again. We rounded up some of our favorites that can go the distance after the jump...
Making smart purchases is a great way to stretch a dollar during touch economic times. It can mean buying things on sale or it can also mean buying something that will see a great deal of use. As your child grows, so will their room but lighting is a great place to stretch a dollar in your makeover renovations! Check out our favorites below:
1. Flagger Table Lamp: for $19.99 from Target. Wood is always in style and it also has the ability to get socked with a nerf football or flying stuffed animal and keep on shining bright. Not that we ever knocked over our bedside lamp with anything (especially not stuffed bears we strapped to our ceiling fan to watch them fly off!).
2. Big Top Stripe Lampshade: for $38 from Zoo Tots. Although it's super bright, we're betting that your children's rooms will always have a coordinating color to one of the ones in this shade. It's sure to make you smile no matter where it's located!
3. Spoka Night Light: for $12.99 from IKEA. We are 100% positive that this nightlight will grow with your child even past the time they're over needing one to help keep the monsters under their bed in check. We can say this with affirmation since last time we were at IKEA our husband went home with one and was giddy as a school boy!
4. My Pet Lamp Dachshund: for $59.99 from Target. Kids love dogs. Especially Dachshunds which have short legs like they do. Once their grown, they'll still have mans best friend to read by at night!
5. Wireless LED 6-Light Spotlight: for $9.99 at Walmart. We wish we would have had a portable spotlight when we were little to showcase our plays and performances by, or even shine straight up in our forts and tents! As we grew older we could have put them to use highlighting artwork we so proudly displayed or made!
6. Paper Lanterns: for $16.99 from ToysRus. You can find these globes almost everywhere these days, look for them to be on sale during summer and back to school times! Use one or gather them in a cluster. We particularly liked the bright colors offered at this big box toy store.
7. Capiz Hanging Pendant: for $69.99 at World Market. Kids and adults alike enjoy something shiny. If this piece doesn't transcend a toddlers room it would work well over your dining room table!
8. (Alternate) Light in Shining Armor: for $69 from Land of Nod. This is a new classic from Land of Nod and we think it's a great addition to any kids room (or even our own!). It's not as easy to blend into our main graphic, but we love it's clean lines and simple shape!