No longer just for Grandma’s guest bath, the metallic wallpaper trend continues to remain on the upswing with vintage retailers offering wider selections than ever and contemporary designers who are reinterpreting these fabulous foils.
This month, as we explore color in the home, we take a closer look at wall coverings - in particular, metallics. Why not up the luxe-factor of your bedroom with a flashy accent wall, or even paper the inside of that old curio cabinet with a glamorous Florence Broadhurst pattern? With businesses like Flavor Paper giving this retro look new life and an uprising of exotic, vintage mylar papers becoming available online, there are more options than ever from which to choose.
1. Horses Stampede - designed by Florence Broadhurst, $350/roll at Signature Prints
2. Turnabouts - designed by Florence Broadhurst, $350/roll at Signature Prints
3. Woods - designed by Michael Clark, $66/roll available at Graham Sanderson Interiors
4. & 5. Retro Mylar Wallpaper, $150/roll available at Second Hand Rose
6. Metallic Paper & Knotted Grasscloth Textile Wallcoverings, $36.75/roll at Creative Wallcovering
7. Dynasty Gold Metallic Wallpaper, $38.50/roll at Creative Wallcovering
8. 1970’s Swirl Wallpaper at RetroWalls.com
9. Mustachio - Designed by Natalie Wright, $150/roll at Flavor Paper
10. Starglint - Designed by Josh Minnie, $150/roll at Flavor Paper