Neon is having a moment in Wallpaper, with many designers incorporating brilliant colors into both contemporary patterns and twists on classic compositions. And while they are a little more costly than that upgrade to the laser beam background in your 1984 school photo, they are still just as rad.Wallpapers with a little zing of color make for great focal points, especially as accent walls, in entry ways, workspaces and kid’s rooms. Use them craftily and line your shelves with a psychedelic pattern or cover your desk underneath its glass top. Brooklyn based design house Flavor Paper really sets the bar with its mind-bending selection, but neon accented wallpapers are popping up in many designers' collections around the globe - especially in the UK.
Below are some picks and sources for neon wall coverings. Just use with caution, so people don’t think you outfitted your room from the back corner of Spencer’s Gifts.
1. Oriental Orchid Wallpaper, $350/roll at Timorous Beasties
2. C-60 Wallpaper - Colour-me (highlighters not included), $53 at Mini Moderns
3. AMARSAGAR by Osborne & Little. Contact for pricing: 203 359 1500
4. Peonie Wallpaper by Cole & Son, $94/roll available at Tangle Tree Interiors
5. Feroz, designed by Kravitz Design, $250-350/roll at Flavor Paper
6. Luxury Part I: Material, designed by Joanna Bean, $150-350/roll at Flavor Paper
7. Custom Day-Glo Wallpaper, designed by Flavor Paper. Contact for custom orders: 504.944.0447
8. Obscuro, designed by Kravitz Design, $200-250/roll at Flavor Paper