A basic desk offers lots of possibilities. As technology changes, as your home decor shifts, a simple desk can stand in for a console table, sofa table, vanity, or even a kitchen table. We've rounded up a few options under $200, ranging from small space solutions to traditional student desks...
• Steel and glass: Trig Desk from CB2, $150
• Steel with wheels: Go Cart Desk from CB2, $150
• Compact: Parsons Mini Desk from West Elm, $199
• Portable and doubles as a breakfast tray: Offi Overlap Tray, $182
• Saves space: IKEA PS Laptop Workstation, $60
• Vertical and doubles as shelving: Sloane Leaning Desk from Crate & Barrel, $130
• Cottage style: South Hampton from Target, $155
• Dark and simple: Liso from Bed, Bath & Beyond, $200
• Shaker style: Studio Home Office Computer Desk from Walmart, $120
• Streamlined: Loop Desk from Crate & Barrel, on sale for $200 (reg. $229)
Originally posted in Chicago/Sarah Coffey.