These are not your grandma's rocking chairs. Rocking chairs can still be pretty cool and I found a handful that I would love to incorporate into a contemporary space. The modern rocking chairs are not just for the living room, they can also be used in a nursery (in place of the traditional upholstered rocker), bedroom, or dining room. My favorite rocking chair from the selection is definitely the Kalifornia Rocker by WhyrHymer. It is a little pricey, but if you know the high level of craftsmanship Brandon (owner of WhyrHymer) puts into all his pieces you will know it is well worth it. Which modern rocking chair is your favorite?
• Kalifornia Rocker: WhyrHymer $5,500
• RC01 Rocking Chair: Jason Lewis Furniture $1850 + customer's material
• Heritage Rocking Armchair - Brushed: DWR $760
• Rocking Chair - Modern Style Sky Blue Finish: Amazon.com $104
• 1950s Vintage Rocker in Walnut: Etsy $1295
• KU Dir Ka Rocking Chair: Generate $699
• Tendo Mokko Danish Modern Rocking Chair: eBay $1595
• Ottawa Rocks! Rocking Chair: Organic Modernism $470 (fabric) & $585 (leather)
• GT Rocker: YLiving $1150
• Autoban Sleepy Rocking Chair: Twentieth $2585
Images: As credited above.